Vital Findings is looking for an Art Director
About the Position
Looking for a unique and dynamic role that leverages your storytelling and design skills?
As Art Director, you would play a leading role at a company dedicated to using design to help Fortune1000 companies turn a deep understanding of consumer behavior into business action. If you love using the power of the design to turn information into compelling stories, read on.Vital Findings is a market research consultancy dedicated to delivering the actionable and inspirational data our clients need to ignite business action and grow their brand. Fueled by a passion to bring research to life through visual deliverables and engaging storytelling, we’re recognized for our creative, innovative approaches to qualitative, quantitative, advanced analytics, and information design. Operating as a boutique style firm, we take on fewer clients than “big name” research vendors in order to forge deep relationships with our clients and let true collaboration flourish.
The Art Director will work in a team responsible for synthesizing complex consumer research findings and user insights, and making them conceptually simple, intuitively actionable, and compelling. Our work is intensely collaborative, and the designer will be an integral part of our company team, contributing to brainstorm sessions on other projects, helping to organize training and staff development, and helping with product development of our cutting-edge design-based deliverables.
Competitive salary + performance bonus/profit sharing + benefits (health, dental, 401(k), vision, disability, tuition credit, vacation)
Graphic Design & Information Design
• Collaborate with research analysts to translate data into succinct and compelling reports,
information graphics, persona posters and playbooks (examples of our work:
• Conceive, design and produce marketing and sales materials including: proposals, corporate
identity, conference exhibits, newsletters, brochures, promotional campaigns etc.
• Edit footage from qualitative projects and create basic motion graphics for storytelling video
• Create eye-catching presentations for industry conferences and thought leadership
• Manage and mentor junior designers and design interns. Review and provide feedback to
design team to ensure consistent quality deliverables.
• Administrate company website, manage and update content and design
• Provide training to office staff on design skills, videography and photography
• Drive vision for design team growth and structure
• Stay current with the latest trends and technology
• Lead design product innovation and push the design capability outside of our comfort zone in
order to create forward-thinking and transformative products within the consumer insights
• Consult on marketing strategy
Skills & Expertise
• Strong infographic/information design portfolio showing a variety of print and digital designs
(must be submitted with application; only portfolios with infographics/information design
will be considered) (examples of our work: https://vitalfindings.com/portfolio/)
• Mastery of PowerPoint is essential
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of photography and video editing (Adobe Premiere expertise is a plus)
• Familiarity with HTML and CSS
• Experience with motion graphics a plus
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Highly organized and attention to detail
• Deep intellectual curiosity and a passion for lifelong learning
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com