The Research Analyst plays a key supporting role on projects, making sure all the steps in a project are executed flawlessly to ensure that our analysis and storytelling is both extremely accurate and incredibly meaningful. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, enjoys doing the project tasks of market research and feels a strong sense of ownership of these tasks, is passionate about diligently building their research skills, and believes they can best contribute to the company goals by doing a superior job on their own projects. In addition, the Analyst will foster peer and junior team members' growth and support company initiatives. This role offers a strong career path along with a learning environment where you will expand and develop your market research and leadership skills.
Vital Findings is a cutting-edge marketing research company that conducts custom and creative research using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Our staff is a group of highly passionate market researchers who see a world of opportunity in optimizing marketing research, designing research with outside-the-box thinking, and design and visual interpretation of data. The company attracts researchers who have a strong interest in analysis, brainstorming, and storytelling components of research, as well as a mastery and flawless execution of important quality control functions. The company has a reputation for being leaders in information design for market research, frequently speaks at conferences, and has a more creative, collaborative, “storytelling” culture compared to most research firms. Our clients include many verticals and categories of business, including media, apparel, technology, CPG, automotive, and insurance.
Our staff describe our culture as fun and witty, collaborative and creative, and smart and innovative. Learning and development is emphasized and rewarded, especially when it brings about innovation in marketing research methods and approaches. Our staff tend to have an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy the challenge of breaking ground in new territory, and realize they are part of close-knit team and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and lend a hand, regardless of level.
There is considerable growth opportunity with this position, as the company is growing quickly and promotes from within.
Key Accountabilities: (In rough order of importance)
Excellence in Project Execution
Accountable for personally completing required work tasks, such as:
- Writing basic survey questions
- Program checking
- Writing tab specs
- Tab checking
- Weighting data
- Developing report shells
- Populating reports and checking data
- Proofing internal and external deliverables to ensure mistake-free work
Data Accuracy & Relevance
Accountable for assuring data accuracy and relevance to objectives at every step in the project process to ensure the data is both internally consistent and demonstrates face validity.
- Review tabs for consistency and relevance
- Monitor field data for accuracy and validity, flagging issues
- Perform secondary research to obtain relevant market and product information
- Support brainstorming sessions to construct analytic framework and design questionnaires that assure information collected is on target with client objectives
- Managing execution of projects with external vendors
Accountable for interpreting the data and creating an initial report design ("story") that addresses the business objectives.
- Review data tables and crosstabs to identify key patterns and trends relevant to the client’s objectives
- Create reports slides that clearly and simply highlight the important data points identified
- Consistently write bullets and headlines on report slides for senior lead’s review
- Accountable for assisting with training project team members as necessary and informally mentoring both peers and junior team members to improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Cross Company Initiatives
Personally accountable for helping Vital Findings accomplish its mission of pushing the boundaries of traditional market research. Every employee has 1-2 annual goals to support or improve stated initiatives.
- Have company goals and work toward fulfilling them
- Carry out administrative tasks and be a supportive team member
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree
- 2-4 years prior experience in custom consumer marketing research (preferably 2+ years supplier-side), with the proven ability to manage the research lifecycle, from writing questionnaires to managing fieldwork to creating reports
- Insightful individual with a dynamic and positive attitude who demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Creative, self-directed, proactive, and organized individual with a passion for personal growth and learning
- Proficient market research skills complemented with the ability to think at a systemic and critical level at each stage of a market research project
- Ability to interact with clients in a timely and professional manner
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to take direction from senior management and "run with it"
- A demonstrated ability to manage, mentor, and train others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Understanding and application of statistics
The company offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and profit sharing. This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Culver City, California.