“Distill, cluster, and prioritize insights”
1. Copy findings from an existing research report into a Word document. Edit for overlap/clarity until you have a list of 20 or fewer one-line insights from the research.
2. Print each insight on a separate index card. Walk through the insight list as a group, and then hand each participant a stack of insight cards.
3. Have participants independently organize the cards according to importance to the business, from most to least important.
4. Have each person present his/her top 5 findings, voicing his/her reasoning while pinning each card to the board (grouping with similar cards that may already be on the board).
5. When finished, identify common themes and prioritize them as a group, discussing the business implications of each and assigning teams to take action.