Vital Findings is looking for a Office Manager
About the Position
Vital Findings is a cutting-edge market research company that conducts creative research using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Obsessed with our client’s unique business challenges, custom research is our specialty. We are a dedicated, curious and fun team who passionately believes in our mission of elevating the market research field. With a whole brain approach, we pair rigorous techniques with engaging storytelling to bring research to life and inspire action.
We are looking for a positive, energetic, and highly organized individual to join our team as our Office Manager! Proactivity, flexibility, trustworthiness, and detail orientation are all top characteristics we’re seeking. The Office Manager is the center of culture, community, and organization in our office. We are looking for a self-starter who likes working with people and can help maintain our strong, unique culture.
Our research consulting business is all about uncovering why people do what they do and using design thinking and graphic design to help companies act on what we learn. The Office Manager plays a key role in helping our researchers and designers do amazing work for our Fortune 500 clients – the more you can learn about our business, the greater the impact you’ll have on our growing company.
Our initial priority will focus on preparing the office for our employees to return. This will focus on organizing, tidying, ordering supplies (and clearing out old ones), and working with building management to ensure we are following health protocols.
• Foster our fun and collaborative office culture by supporting our Wellness, Retention, and Social Initiatives (e.g., coordinating events, ordering supplies, sending staff notifications)
• Observe staff needs and proactively work to address them (e.g., seeing a trending technology issue and reaching out to IT to find solutions)
• Provide administrative support in our LA office, but also serve as a virtual hub for our New York and remote employees
• Manage all details that keep our office running. Some of these tasks include mail pick up, package delivery, tidiness (emptying dishwasher and clearing surfaces), printing and mailing checks, facilitating paperwork, coordinating catering orders, greeting visitors, addressing staff inquiries/requests, ordering and organizing office supplies and snacks
• Coordinate with our Accounting lead to ensure mail is scanned, checks received in the mail are cashed, and new employees are set up in the system. Experience with Quickbooks Online is a plus
• Liaise with HR and help to facilitate paperwork and new employee set up when required (e.g., parking pass, door key fob). Prescreen potential candidates and help organize and facilitate new hire interviews
• Support our marketing and PR efforts and help to coordinate set up for annual conference sponsorships
• Help keep our social media accounts up-to-date (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) by posting job openings, chronicling fun events, and other newsworthy posts
• Track and organize our project case study and proposal libraries
• Provide basic IT support by helping staff to troubleshoot issues and liaise with IT as needed (e.g., computer issues, virtual support, printer issues)
• Serve as the primary contact for Facility Management – the direct contact for any questions or appointments
• Ability and willingness to help with project administration when needed and when time permits (e.g., rescreening survey respondents, taking notes during interviews)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required in lieu of relevant experience and references
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as an Office Manager/Office Administration Assistant in a $2M plus company
• Expert in using QuickBooks, ideally QuickBooks Online
• Microsoft Office Suite experience required
• Experience working with suppliers/vendors
• Strong attention to detail and highly organized, with excellent communication skills
• Enthusiastic team player with a ‘pitch in and help out’ mentality
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com